TGFT LIABILITY WAIVER
This notice serves as acknowledgement that upon registration of any class given by Tight Grouping Firearms Training LLC (hereafter called TGFT), I understand the risk associated with taking part in this type of program. I voluntarily elect to participate in a program dealing with self-defense or firearms activities that I understand are inherently dangerous. I acknowledge that I received instruction on safety and will comply with all rules, regulations, and directions, either written or oral, that I received from the instructor and/or his/her designated agents.
I hereby certify and attest that upon the commencement of the training session, I will not be under the influence of any substance, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription drugs, over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, or illegal drugs, that may affect my judgement. I understand TGFT has full authority to prevent or remove me from any session if they suspect I am not in full control of my faculties for any reason. For the safety of instructors, staff, and other attendees, TGFT has the right to remove me from any training session if I become disruptive or if I am deemed a safety risk due to violating any safety rules.
I do not have any physical injuries or restrictions that would limit or prevent me from participating in this training and I will inform the instructors upon arrival to the training venue of any change or injury regardless of nature of occurrence.
This release is intended to cover all accidents or injuries of every name, nature, or type, if any, which may be sustained or suffered from any cause whatsoever connected with, or arising out of, or by reason of participating in training offered by TGFT.
The registrant, their parents and/or legal guardians, or any legal representative(s) do hereby forever release, acquit, and discharge the instructors, officers, shareholders, employees, and agents from all causes of action, costs, charges, claims, demands, and liabilities of whatever kind, name or nature in any manner arising from the participation in the provided training.
CAUTION: DISCHARGE OF FIREARMS, & ARMED OR UNARMED SELF-DEFENSE TRAINING IS HAZARDOUS. INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR. ALL OF THE REGISTRANTS, THEIR PARENTS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN(S), DO FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT NO PARTICIPANT IN CLASS OR ON A FIREARMS RANGE WILL BE COVERED BY ANY TYPE OF ACCIDENT, INJURY OR MEDICAL LIABILITY INSURANCE WHILE USING ANY FACILITY AND RECEIVING SERVICES FROM TGFT. TGFT ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY OF ANY NATURE.
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT AND RELEASES TGFT FROM LIABILITY FOR ACCIDENT, INJURY AND/OR DEATH. DURING YOUR REGISTRATION, YOU ARE ASKED TO CHECK THE BOX TO AGREE TO THE TERMS IN THIS LIABILITY WAIVER. CHECKING THE BOX BINDS YOU TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN AND TO ALL OF THE STATED RULES AND REGULATIONS.
TREAT AND ASSUME THAT ALL FIREARMS (GUNS) ARE ALWAYS LOADED. You must always personally verify that any firearm handled in your presence is unloaded and rendered “safe”.
2. NEVER POINT YOUR FIREARM TOWARDS OR MUZZLE ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY. (LASER RULE). Always remain cognizant of where the muzzle of your firearm is pointed. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FIREARM POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
3. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF OF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU MAKE A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO FIRE ARE AIMED OUT TOWARDS THE TARGET. Your finger should always stay straightened alongside the frame of the firearm until you are aimed out and make the decision to fire.
4. BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND YOUR TARGET. You are responsible and will be held accountable for all rounds you discharge. Each round/bullet fired from your firearm can travel several hundred yards and has the capability to causes serious injury or death.
5. You must wear both eye and ear protection before entering the active fire area of any gun range and participating in live fire activities. While it is not mandatory to wear “double” ear protection, TGFT recommends that all shooters wear double ear protection. If you are unable to hear the commands of the instructor due to wearing double ear protection, for safety precautions, remove one of the foam ear protections to hear the commands of the instructor clearly and maintain a safe environment.
6. If you encounter a problem or have a question on the firing line, keep your firearm pointed down range and raise your non-firing hand. Always keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction.
7. All loading and unloading of firearms will be conducted on the firing range under the supervision of a TGFT Certified Instructor.